Do you know what is 5G? How does this 5G technology work? In what way is this 5G better than 4G? If you want to know about all these things, then you must read this post. The phone and our relationship is very old and equally strong. Where earlier phones used to be wired, then the era of cordless came and now wireless phones are running. Instead of the earlier basic phones, people of today’s generation use Smart Phones.
With this changing form of the phone, its generation is also associated with it, which has decided the journey from 1G to 4G and is now moving towards 5G. In such a situation it can be quite interesting to know what is this upcoming 5G? What is the technology used in it and how can it change the current mobile industry. How can people oblige with this, etc.
If we look at the last few years, then we will be able to know that in the field of mobile technology, a generation is increasing every 10 years. Like we started in First Generation (1G) in 1980s, Second Generation (2G) in 1990s, Third Generation (3G) in 2000s, Fourth Generation (4G) in 2010s, and now Fifth Generation (5G) is acquitted. . We are slowly moving towards more sophisticated and smarter technology. So today I thought that why should you be provided complete information about what 5G is and how it works so that you too are aware of this new technology.
So let’s start without delay and know what is 5G network and when will 5G arrive in India?
What is 5G Technology?
5G’s Full Form is Fifth Generation. This Fifth-generation wireless, or 5G, is the very latest cellular technology, which is specially engineered to easily increase the speed and responsiveness of wireless networks. In 5G, the data can be transmitted through wireless broadband connections at speeds of more than about 20 Gbps. With this, it offers very low latency which is 1 ms and even less where real-time feedback is required. Due to the high bandwidth and advanced antenna technology in 5G, a large amount of data can be transmitted via wireless.
Apart from improvement in speed, capacity and latency, 5G also offers other network management features, the main one being network slicing, which allows other mobile operators to create multiple single virtual networks. In 5G network. With this capability, wireless network connections can be used in any specific uses or business cases and can also be sold on an as-a-service basis. For example, a self-driving car, which requires a network slice that provides extremely fast, low-latency connections. This allows a vehicle to navigate in real-time.
At the same time, we can also connect a home appliance through a lower-power, slower connection because there is no need for high performance in it. Apart from this, we can use secure, data-only connections in internet of things (IoT).
5G networks and services will be deployed in many stages in the next few years which can easily meet the need of increasing mobile and internet-enabled devices. Overall, then through 5G, we can generate a lot of new applications. 4G is expanding in India right now, but telecom operators around the world are preparing to bring the next generation of 5G mobile technology. That is why it has started preparing to bring 5G.
What are the Features of 5G Technology?
Right now we know some special 5G technology features. Let us know what such new features are in 5G Technology which is not available in current network technology.
- Up to 10Gbps data rate. With this there will be network improvement in the rate of 10 to 100x as compared to 4G and 4.5G networks.
- Be of 1 millisecond latency
- It should have 1000x bandwidth per unit area
- In this we can connect up to 100x number of connected devices per unit area (if we compare with 4G LTE).
- All this time is available. So it has availability up to 99.999%
- Apart from this it provides 100% coverage.
- It helps a lot in saving energy. Due to which it helps to reduce network energy usage by about 90%.
- In this, you can use low power IoT devices that can provide you power for about 10 years.
- It has a high increased peak bit rate
- Higher data volume per unit area (i.e. higher system spectral efficiency)
- It has more capacity, which helps it to connect concurrently and instantaneously with more devices.
- Certainly consumes lower battery
- Provides better connectivity if you talk about any geographic region.
- Can support more number of supporting devices
- Costs very little to do infrastructural development.
- Has greater reliability in communications
How does 5G Technology works?
Wireless networks mainly consist of cell sites which are divided into sectors that send data through radio waves. It would not be wrong to say that the fourth-generation (4G) long-term Evolution (LTE) wireless technology itself laid the foundation for 5G. Where 4G requires larger, high-power cell towers in longer distances to radiate signals, many smaller cell stations are needed to transmit 5G wireless signals, such as small spaces such as Light poles or building roofs can be planted. Multiple small cells are used here because in the millimeter wave spectrum – the band of spectrum is always within 30 GHz to 300 GHz and since 5G needs to generate high speeds, which is only short distances can travel. Apart from this, these signals can easily interfere with any weather and physical obstacles, such as buildings.
If we talk about the wireless technology of earlier generations, then lower-frequency bands of spectrum were used in it. Along with this, to combat the millimeter wave challenges which lead to greater distance and interference, the wireless industry has thought of using lower-frequency spectrum in 5G networks so that network operators can use the spectrum that they already have. One thing we should keep in mind is that the lower-frequency spectrum always covers more distances but it has lower speed and capacity as compared to millimeter wave.
What is the status of 5G Deployment?
The main development of 5G is the highest among these four countries in the world, they are United States, Japan, South Korea and China. Here wireless network operators are paying more attention to making 5G build-outs. It is believed that by 2030, the network operators are about to spend millions of billions of dollars in 5G negotiations. Well-known tech company Technology Business Research Inc., says that it is not yet clear how these 5G services will generate the return of their investment. It is expected that new companies and startups who want to use the 5G evolving technology can take care of the revenue of these operators.
Simultaneously, other standards bodies are also operating above universal 5G equipment standards. In the near term, the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) has given approval for 5G New Radio (NR) standards in December 2017 and by the end of 2018, it will end the 5G mobile core standard which is very important for 5G cellular services. Hope to pay taxes. This 5G radio system is not compatible with 4G radios, but network operators have purchased wireless radios that they want to upgrade. They want to upgrade it through software, not hardware update because they may need to buy new equipment in hardware update.
Where 5G wireless equipment standards are often exhausted, the first 5G-compliant smartphones and other associated wireless devices are expected to be commercially available by 2019. The entire use of 5G technology is expected from 2020. By 2030, 5G services will be used full-fledged and will be used in autonomous vehicle navigation in virtual reality (VR) content. It can also be monitored in real-time.
Types of 5G wireless services available
Network operators mainly provide two types of 5G services :
The first service is 5G fixed wireless broadband services that provide internet access to homes and businesses without any wired connection to their premises. To do this, network operators deploy NRs near buildings in small cell sites so that they can beam a signal to a receiver that is present in a rooftop or windowsill, this amplifies within the premises. Fixed broadband services also become cheaper for operators to provide service as this approach does not require them to install fiber optic lines to each residence, instead installing fiber optics only to cell sites, and customers. Broadband services receive through wireless modems that are located in their residences or businesses.
The second service is 5G cellular services, which allows the user to access the operator’s 5G cellular networks service. These services will be the first to roll out in 2019, when the first 5G-enabled devices will be commercially available to buy. The delivery of cellular service also depends on the completion of mobile core standards by 3GPP. It is expected that it will be complete by the end of 2018.
What are the advanced features of 5G
If we compare this new 5G technology with earlier radio technologies, then in this we can see the following advancement like –
- In this we can get Practically super speed which is 1 to 10 Gbps.
- Latency here will be 1 millisecond (in end-to-end round trip).
- With this there is a 1,000x bandwidth per unit area here.
- It can connect from 10 to 100 devices very easily.
- It provides worldwide coverage.
- Apart from this, it has a hand in energy reduction of about 90%.
- Battery life is very long in this compared to others.
- With this, the whole world becomes a wi fi zone here.
What is the spectrum band of 5G
5G networks run on the 3400 MHz, 3500 MHz and 3600 MHz bands. The 3500 MHz band is considered ideal. The millimeter wave spectrum can play an important role in 5G. They are called millimeter waves because their length is 1 to 10 mm. Millimeter waves operate at 30 to 300 GHz frequencies. So far these waves can be used in satellite networks and radar systems.
If millimeter waves are used in 5G, the credit will also go to Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose. He showed in 1895 that these waves could be used for communication.
What are the main advantages of 5G?
By the way, 5G has many advantages, so I have tried to tell you about them below –
- High resolution and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
- Through this all the networks can be brought under a single platform.
- It is very effective and efficient.
- Better download and upload speed.
- Through this technology, supervision tools have been provided to subscriber so that they can take quick action.
- Through this, there can be large scale broadcasting data (in Gigabit), so that it can support more than 60,000 connections.
- It can be easily managed with previous generations.
- This technological sound is to support heterogeneous services (which include private networks).
- Through this technology, connectivity can be provided in a uniform, uninterrupted, and consistent manner throughout the world.
- You can find parallel multiple service in it, like you can get information about weather and location while talking.
- You can control your PCs through handsets.
- This makes education very easy because any student can get knowledge from any end of the world.
- Medical treatment can also be easy because a doctor who is located in any remote location of the world can cure it by this technology.
- This will make it easier to monitor because government organization and investigating officers can easily monitor any place due to which the crime rate is likely to fall.
- It will be very easy to see space, galaxies, and other planets.
- It will be easy to find any lost person.
- Even the major natural disaster such as tsunami, earthquake etc. can already be detected.
What are the main Disadvantages of 5G?
5G technology has been designed in a very researched and conceptualized way to end all radio signal problems and hardship of mobile world, but in spite of this there are some disadvantages which we are going to discuss further.
- This 5G technology is still under process and research is going on behind it.
- It seems smiling to achieve the speed that it is doing because it does not yet have that much technical support in many parts of the world.
- Many older devices are not compatible with this new 5G technology, due to which they will have to be replaced, which will prove to be an expensive deal.
- It may cost more to develop its infrastructures.
- There are many security and privacy related issues in this which are still pending.
What are the applications of 5G?
Let’s know about some important applications
- It can become an unified global standard for the whole world.
- Through this, network availability will be all around, so that more and more people will be able to use this best technology anytime and anywhere.
- Due to the IPv6 technology in it, the IP address of mobile will be provided according to their connected network and geographical position.
- It has the potential to turn the entire world into a real Wi Fi zone.
- Different versions of radio technologies can use the same spectrum efficiently through its cognitive radio technology.
- Through this technology, people of higher altitude can easily get the facility of radio signal.
Major Challenges of 5G
Challenges are a big part of any new development. Because technology can become even better with these challenges. Like all technology, 5G also has very big challenges. We have seen in the last few years how radio technology has done fast growth. Starting from 1G to 5G, this journey is only 40 years (1G in 1980 and 5G which is going to come in 2020). But in this journey, we have also observed some common challenges such as lack of infrastructure, research methodology, and cost.
In today’s Time, there are many countries where 2G and 3G technologies are still used and people are not yet aware of 4G, in such a situation, the question which is in everyone’s mind is that –
- How far will this 5G be viable?
- Will some developed countries and developing countries also benefit through this technology?
To understand these questions better, the challenges of 5G have been divided into two headings –
- Technological Challenges
- Common Challenges
Inter-cell Interference – This is a very big technical issue that will have to be solved soon. Since traditional macrocells and concurrent small cells differ greatly in size, this can lead to further interference.
Efficient Medium Access Control – In a situation where there is a dense deployment of access points and requirement of user terminals, the user’s throughput will be low, latency will be high, and hotspots will not be able to provide much throughput with cellular technology. for. Therefore it is important to be researched properly to optimize this technology.
Traffic Management – Due to more human traffic in cellular networks and more number of machine to machine (M2M) devices in the same cell, this can pose a serious system challenges which is radio access network (RAN). challenges, the latter of which can cause overload and congestion.
Multiple Services – Compared to other radio signal services, 5G has to perform bigger tasks such as heterogeneous networks, technologies, and devices operating in different geographic regions. Therefore, the challenge is to provide people with dynamic, universal, user-centric, and data-rich wireless services, that too by standard means.
Infrastructure – Due to lack of infrastructure, Researchers have to face inconveniences like many technological challenges of standardization and lack of application of 5G services.
Communication, Navigation, & Sensing – These services depend more on the availability of radio spectrum, through which signals are transmitted. Since 5G technology has strong computational power to process large volume data which comes from different and distinct sources, but it requires huge infrastructure support.
Security and Privacy – This is a very important challenge that 5G should pay special attention to protect people’s personal data. 5G will also have to pay special attention to many other security threats such as Trust, Privacy, Cyber security as these threats are constantly increasing throughout the world.
Legislation of Cyber law – Cyber crime and other frauds will also increase due to high speed and ubiquitous 5G technology. Therefore, it is very important to implement Cyber law properly.
When will 5G arrive in India
You must be wondering when 5G mobile will launch? The government has started preparing for the auction for 5G spectrum. The government has asked TRAI to suggest starting prices for the auction of 3400 to 3600 MHz bands. TRAI has started work on it. The Department of Telecom may also bring a policy in this regard soon. Experts believe that regulatory conditions for data hosting and cloud services should be changed before fast wireless technology like 5G is introduced in India.
5G’s Future Scope
Many researches and discussions are going on all over the world about the innovations, implementation, viability, and security concerns of 5G among world renowned technologists, researchers, academicians, vendors, operators, and governments.
As it has been said that there are many such features in 5G which will provide the best services. But one question that will be in everyone’s mind is that where the previous technologies (4G and 3G) are still under process and many parts have not even started yet; So what is the future of 5G?
The 5th generation technology has been specially designed to enable incredible and remarkable data capabilities, unhindered call volumes, and immeasurable data broadcasting through this latest mobile operating system. Therefore, it is more intelligent technology, which will prove helpful in interconnecting the whole world. Similarly, our world will get universal and uninterrupted access to information, communication, and entertainment, so that it will open a new dimension in our life and it will make our life style better and meaningful.
With this, governments and regulators will also be able to use this technology to create good governance and better healthier environments. One thing is clear from this that the right attitude of the people in the expansion of 5G will help in making it even better.
Have 5G Phones Arrived in India?
Can we upgrade our 4G handsets to 5G?
When will 5G Internet be launched in India?
Are 5G Towers dangerous?
I sincerely hope that I have given you a brief idea about what 5G is And how does 5G technology works. I tried giving full information about and hope you guys have understood about what 5G is. We request all of you readers that you too should share this information in your neighborhood, relatives, friends and friends, so that our awareness will be there and it will benefit everyone. We need the support of you guys so that I can convey more new information to you.
It has always been my endeavor that I always help my readers or readers from all sides, if you people have any doubt of any kind then you can ask me. I will definitely try to solve those Doubts. Also share your thoughts about 5G Technology and how it will be launched,Please tell us by writing a comments so that we too can get a chance to learn something from your ideas and improve something.
To show your happiness and enthusiasm towards my post, please share this post on social networks such as Facebook, Whatspp and Twitter etc, It’ll motivate us to write more and more.