If your smartphone is lost, stolen or damaged due to some reason, there is no need to take tension if you have taken backup of contacts on Google Drive. You can easily restore all the numbers with the help of Google. For this, you have to go to the settings of the phone and follow some easy steps and all the numbers will be returned.
Nothing can be worse than the deletion of hundreds of contact numbers in the smartphone and this happens due to many reasons. If all the friends and family members’ numbers go away in case of lost phone, theft or malfunction then it may take a long time to save them again. If the necessary numbers have also been deleted from your phone, then they can be restored with the help of Google. Also, if you have not backed up contacts on Google Drive, you should do so immediately.
You can save save contacts on Google smartphone or SIM card and save it on Google. After this, if your phone is lost, or you get a new phone, then contacts can be easily restored. Old contacts can be restored from any one Android device to another. In such a situation, there is no need to worry if the necessary contacts are deleted. You must follow these steps to store and restore contacts on Google,
Export Deleted Contacts from Google
Go to the Contacts app of your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the menu shown in the top right here and go to Settings.
After this, you will get the option of Export.
- You can choose which account to back up contacts from.
- Then tap on Export to .VCF file and contacts will be backed up.
Turn on automatic backup for Contacts
When you are setting up a Google account on a new smartphone, Google asks you if you want to back up the phone’s data to Google Drive, here you have to toggle on. Apart from this, you can also change it from your phone’s settings,
Open the settings of your Android phone.
- After this, go to System and tap on Backup.
- Here is the toggle shown in front of Back up to Google Drive.
Here’s how you can restore contacts from Backup
- First go to your phone’s settings.
- Then tap on Google.
- Here under Services you will see the option of Restore Contacts.
- If you have logged in to the phone from multiple accounts, the device will ask you which account to restore contacts from.
- After this, tap on the name of the old phone whose contacts you want to copy.
- From here you will get the option of SIM Card and Device storage.
Now tap on Restore and after some time you will be written ‘Contacts restored’.
- The good thing is that the previously saved contacts in the phone will not be restored again, thus duplicate contacts will not be created.