Use WhatsApp in less data like this:
1. First you open WhatsApp. Then tap on the three vertical dots given in the right side.
2. Tap Settings from the options given here. Then some options will appear. One has to tap on the Data and storage usage option.
3. Here you will be given the option of low data usage, turn it on.
Reduce data consumption through photos and videos:
1. First go to WhatsApp Settings. Then tap on data and storage usage.
2. Then tap on When using mobile data. Uncheck all the options given here and tap Ok. Uncheck all the options in both the remaining options When connected on Wi-Fi and When roaming and tap on Ok.
3. If more data is being spent through videos and photos, then it will reduce the consumption.
This is how to exclude videos during chat backup: Do not backup videos while you are backing up chat. Because it is clear that the data consumption for uploading and downloading videos on WhatsApp is high. In such a situation, it is better not to backup the unnecessary videos. Because chat backup also uses data to upload it to the cloud. For this, you have to go to WhatsApp settings. Then while doing the chat backup, turn the toggle off in front of the video below. This will not backup the videos in your WhatsApp.